240 Artisans & Counting...
The Newton Street Art Barn, located in Victoria Harbour, ON opened in June 2015.
We provide an opportunity for artisans to showcase their telents to the public in a creative, rural storefront on a consignment basis. We feature handmade items and original artwork with a focus on recycling, reusing and re-purposing.
Newton Street Art Barn
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions ("Terms")
Last updated: August 22, 2018
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before using the www.newtonstreetartbarn.ca website operated by the Newton Street Art Barn ("us", "we", or "our").
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Service ("Purchase"), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your name, address and payment information.
Consignment & Vendor Information
If you wish to consign your creations with us or use the login feature to view your account, you understand and agree to all terms and conditions outlined in our consignment contract described below by accessing this service or leaving items on consignment:
- Artisan Login Instructions- Select the Login button located in the top right-hand corner, your first and last name (i.e. Paula Lauzon) is your user name, enter the default password, you may change the password at any time. Please contact us if you're having any issues.
- Consignment Option #1-Membership- As a member we ask for a yearly membership fee of $25 to assist with the cost involved in displaying & caring for your art, promoting you as an artist, photographing your creations for our online store, Facebook page, all facets of social media as well as inclusion in our artisan group on Facebook. Fee can be paid upon joining or deducted from your sales. The consignment rate for annual members is 25%.
- Consignment Option #2-Consignment Only. We will display and promote your art for a minimum of 3 months and the consignment fee is 35%.
- Drop Offs and Pick Ups must be coordinated in advance with Paula, please contact her at 705-241-2466 to set un an appointment. Pick-up and delivery of all items to our location are the responsibility of the consignor. It is the consignor's responsibility to place all heavy items in the store at the requested position. Please make sure all of your items are ready to be displayed.
- Intellectual Property- As an artist and consignor you warrant that the items on consignment are original to you and that no components were obtained illegally.
- Liability- This is a consignment opportunity where customers are able to handle items. We will do our best to safeguard your creations, but we cannot be responsible for damage or loss. Please be aware that our store is located in a barn and we cannot be liable for any damage due to dampness or loss of consigned items due to fire, theft, natural disasters or any other unforeseen circumstances. It is at your discretion to leave items throughout the winter months.
- Payment Terms- POLICY UPDATED as of July 2018- Login to your account and visit the payout section, cash may be collected at any time in store, an etransfer can be arranged if in excess of $20.00. This new policy replaces the monthly payouts, as we transition there may still be payments here to be collected that do not appear in your accounts.
- Photography- We reserve the right to photograph all items/creations and retain the images for use in any advertising or promotions.
- Store Space- We reserve the right to allocate/designate store space, items will be showcased for no less than 120 days, we reserve the right to rotate stock after that time period.
Our Service allows us to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material ("Content").
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least (30) thirty days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.